how to survive a breakup. Having a breakup is one of the hardest things to deal with. Normally it takes three months to six months to recover. There are many physical symptoms associated with a break up. You may have difficulty falling asleep or you could be sleeping a lot. Some people lose their appetite and lose weight. Some people tend to overeat and they gain a lot of weight. You may have difficulty of breathing, stomach pains. palpitations and even chest pains. If the chest pain is just for a few seconds, then you can ignore it. However if the chest pains is between one minute to 5 minutes long, then you may need to consult a doctor.
There is such a thing as broken heart syndrome, wherein the person develops heart failure because of the stress of the break up. To recover faster, try these tips:
1. Keep yourself busy.
2. Do not spend too much time alone. This will bring the old memories back. Remove the things, physically or in the internet, that reminds you of the person.
3. Don't listen to love songs, watch sad movies,or go to places that reminds you of the person.
4. Don't use alcohol, smoking, or drugs to cover up your feelings. This will only make matters worse.
5. Seek help from friends and family.
6. Exercise and stay in shape.
7. Pamper yourself.
Enjoy the things you can do now that you are single. This is also the best time to become spiritual and pray. And if you feel really sad, seek professional help. I know surviving a break up may seem hard, but people have gone through this. One day soon you're going to tell yourself, "I'm happy this happened to me. Because of this, I have become wiser, stronger, and a better person." Take care always and stay well.